The Mario Lemieux Foundation offers endorsed specialty Pennsylvania License Plates for $66.00 to benefit the Foundation. The specialty plate features the Mario Lemieux Foundation logo and is available for passenger vehicles, trucks with a registered gross weight of not more than 14,000 lbs., trailers, motor homes and motorcycles.
- All checks should be made payable to the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Do not send cash, write any checks payable to PennDot or send the application to PennDot.
- Print out the application form, fill it out, sign the form in section E, and send it by mail to the Mario Lemieux Foundation at:
Mario Lemieux Foundation License Plate Program
Two Chatham Center, Suite 1661
112 Washington Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- If applying for a Mario Lemieux Foundation special organization plate in the regular numbered sequence, include a check in the amount of $66.00 per application. If applying for a Mario Lemieux Foundation special organization plate with an Optional Personalization Request, include a check in the amount of $174.00 per application. You can check if specific personalized Lemieux Foundation plate numbers are available here: https://www.dmv.pa.gov/VEHICLE-SERVICES/Registration%20Plates/Pages/Personalized%20Availability.aspx
- All applications will be held and sent together at the end of each month.
- Checks will also be held and processed with the complete batch of applications at the end of each month.
(Please add $2.00 for any additional registration cards requested.)
License plate numbers will be handled as follows:
Mario Lemieux Foundation specialty plates are issued in numbered sequence unless requesting personalization in Section D of application. Plates 00001LF – approximately 01850LF have been filled. Optional Personalization Request – as noted above, you can request a specific number. Please follow the instructions on the application to request a specific number. The total cost for a personalization request is $174.00.
The $66.00 license plate fee is broken down as follows: $27.00 goes to PennDot for plate production fees while the remaining $39.00 will directly benefit the cancer research and patient care initiatives of the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Only one check, in the amount of $66.00 (plus any personalization or additional registration card requests) to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, should be written.