Specialty License Plate
Looking for a great way to support the Foundation? Get a Mario Lemieux Foundation specialty license plate!
The Mario Lemieux Foundation offers endorsed specialty Pennsylvania License Plates, with proceeds directly benefiting the Foundation.
The specialty plate features the Mario Lemieux Foundation logo and is available for passenger vehicles, trucks with a registered gross weight of not more than 14,000 lbs., trailers, motor homes and motorcycles. The cost of a plate is $66.00.
MLF Specialty License Plate Application & Instructions Please follow the instructions below, as your application will not be filed without following the Mario Lemieux Foundation and PennDot’s registration procedure. Be sure to read all the information below:
1. All checks should be made payable to the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Do not write any checks payable to PennDot or send the application to PennDot. Please follow these instructions:
2. Print out the application form, fill it out, sign the form in section E, and send it by mail to the Mario Lemieux Foundation at:
Mario Lemieux Foundation License Plate Program, Two Chatham Center, Suite 1661, 112 Washington Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
DO NOT SEND THE APPLICATION TO PENNDOT.
3. If applying for a Mario Lemieux Foundation special organization plate in the regular numbered sequence, include a check in the amount of $66.00 per application.
If applying for a Mario Lemieux Foundation special organization plate with an Optional Personalization Request, include a check in the amount of $174.00 per application. You can check if specific personalized Lemieux Foundation plate numbers are available here: https://www.dmv.pa.gov/VEHICLE-SERVICES/Registration%20Plates/Pages/Personalized%20Availability.aspx
Please add $2.00 for any additional registration cards requested.
DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. All applications will be held and sent together at the end of each month.
5. Checks will also be held and processed with the complete batch of applications at the end of each month.
General information regarding the MLF’s specialty license plate program is located on the application form. If you have any questions, please review the application first, as most of your questions will be addressed there.
License plate numbers will be handled as follows:
- Mario Lemieux Foundation specialty plates are issued in numbered sequence unless requesting personalization in Section D of application. Plates 00001LF – approximately 01850LF have been filled. The total cost for a non-personalized Lemieux Foundation plate is $66.00.
- Optional Personalization Request – as noted above, for an additional fee of $108.00, you can request a specific number. Please follow the instructions on the application to request a specific number. The total cost for a personalization request on a Lemieux Foundation plate is $174.00.
The $66.00 license plate fee is broken down as follows: $27.00 goes to PennDot for plate production fees while the remaining $39.00 will directly benefit the cancer research and patient care initiatives of the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Only one check, in the amount of $66.00 (plus any personalization or additional registration card requests) to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, should be written.
Once you have sent your completed application to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, please allow 7-10 weeks for delivery of your license plate. If you have questions on the status of your plate, please contact the Mario Lemieux Foundation at 412-281-3466 or email@example.com. Do not contact PennDot.
Damaged plates - please contact the Mario Lemieux Foundation with questions regarding damaged plates. In most cases, you will be responsible for the cost of replacing damaged plates. The cost to replace your plate with the same number is $174.00, as PennDot treats these as a personalization request.
The Mario Lemieux Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to raising funds for cancer research and patient care initiatives.
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Thank you for your interest in the Mario Lemieux Foundation’s specialty license plate program!