Mario Lemieux Center For Blood Cancers
Blood cancer treatment often requires a hospital stay and time away from home and family, which can be difficult. The Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers was established in 2012 to provide a patient focused center with comprehensive care for all types of blood cancers and disorders including, Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Multiple Myeloma.
Blood Cancer Care in a Welcoming Setting
The Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers offers:
- The latest stem cell therapies and blood cancer treatments
- New patient consults
- Acute and long-term post-transplant outpatient care
- Groundbreaking clinical trials
- The center is a vital part of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
At the Lemieux Center, an expert and dedicated team treat more than 26,000 patients annually from Monday through Friday for 12 hours per day. We have recently added five new treatment chairs to the Center. The patient centric model utilized at the Center brings coordinated care and services to the patient, eliminating wait times and multiple stops during their visit. Additionally, the Center uses technology such as the following to optimize the patient experience:
- The GetWell Network is an educational and entertainment resource available to all patients receiving treatment at the Center. GetWell provides patients with access to television, movies, games, written and video educational resources as well as to our Integrative Oncology Program for seated yoga and guided mediation
- Real Time Locating Service (RTLS) is technology that allows the team to track patients’ locations so that coordinated services are timed for and brought to the patient without waiting
To reach the Mario Lemieux Center for Blood Cancers at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, call 412-864-6600.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.upmccancercenter.com/cancer-care/blood/mario-lemieux-center.