Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp
The Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp is one of the largest fundraising events run by the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Campers receive a truly once-in-a-lifetime NHL-like hockey experience both on and off the ice.
Campers are divided into four teams, each featuring two pro team captains and a pro head coach. Mario Lemieux rotates from team to team during the round-robin tournament play. Each team will play with and against Mario at least once.
Campers receive both Pittsburgh Penguins and Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp branded equipment and apparel. Uniforms are different each year. Jerseys featured in the past include custom Lemieux Camp “Diagonal Pittsburgh” Penguins black jersey, current-style Pittsburgh Penguins Alternate gold jersey, 1984-era gold and white Penguins jerseys, current style home and away Penguins jerseys, Vegas Gold Penguins jerseys, both Winter Classic blue jerseys, and custom Lemieux-era Wales and Campbell Conference All-Star Game jerseys from the 1986 NHL All-Star Game.
Camp games are held at PPG Paints Arena, the home of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, the Penguins’ Practice Facility. Camp is scheduled around Penguins game(s), and all campers and guests attend the game(s) at PPG Paints Arena as a group in a party suite.
The highlight of Lemieux Camp is the personal interaction with some of the greatest players in NHL history. Players and coaches from previous camps include Mario Lemieux, Paul Coffey, Bryan Trottier, Chris Chelios, Joe Mullen, Bernie Nicholls, Grant Fuhr, Tie Domi, Curtis Joseph, Jay Caufield, Mark Recchi, Bill Guerin, Kevin Stevens, Gary Roberts, Larry Murphy, Theo Fleury, Rick Tocchet, Alexei Kovalev, Pierre Turgeon, Ron Duguay, Sergei Gonchar, Michel Goulet, Colby Armstrong, Clark Gillies, Pierre Larouche, Randy Hillier, Eddie Johnston, Max Talbot, Craig Patrick, Darius Kasparaitis and Mike Eruzione.
2020 Fantasy Camp team captains and coaches had a combined 38 Stanley Cups, 7 Hall of Famers, 53 All-Star Game appearances and over 4,450 goals and 12,000 points scored in the NHL.
The Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp has a waiting list of over 400 people. If you are interested in joining the waiting list for future Lemieux Camps, please fill out the Waiting List Form here. Signing up assures you to be notified of all announcements pertaining to future fantasy camps.
2020 Camp Highlights:
- Custom Lemieux Camp “Diagonal Pittsburgh” Penguins black jersey and current-style Pittsburgh Penguins Alternate gold jerseys with gold helmets
- Pro-stock equipment, including a custom Lemieux Camp hockey stick, practice jersey, helmet, gloves, pants and socks
- Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp and Pittsburgh Penguins apparel
- One practice session and three games at PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins
- Two games at the UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, the official Pittsburgh Penguins practice facility
- One Pittsburgh Penguins game in a luxury party suite
- Evening entertainment functions at The Fairmont, Rivers Casino and the Lexus Club at PPG Paints Arena
- Contract signing and photo with Mario Lemieux
- Autograph Session with Mario Lemieux and all of the celebrity team captains and coaches
- Commemorative framed piece featuring a “Draft Photo” with Mario Lemieux
- Video Headshots created for each Camper and shown on the big screen during the Championship and Consolation Games at PPG Paints Arena
- Four nights king-suite accommodations at Cambria Suites Pittsburgh
- 2020 Recap and Photo Gallery here: https://mariolemieux.org/camp-66-wraps-up-ninth-year/
Almost $4,000,000 has been raised through the Mario Lemieux Fantasy Hockey Camp to benefit the Mario Lemieux Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to raising funds for cancer research and patient care, as well as Austin’s Playrooms, an initiative which creates playrooms for children and families in medical facilities.