- All checks should be made payable to the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Do not send cash, write any checks payable to PennDot or send the application to PennDot.
- Print out the application form, fill it out, sign the form in section E, and send it by mail to the Mario Lemieux Foundation at:
Mario Lemieux Foundation License Plate Program
Two Chatham Center, Suite 1661
112 Washington Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- If applying for a Mario Lemieux Foundation special organization plate in the regular numbered sequence, include a check in the amount of $66.00 per application. If applying for a Mario Lemieux Foundation special organization plate with an Optional Personalization Request, include a check in the amount of $178.00 per application. You can check if specific personalized Lemieux Foundation plate numbers are available here: https://www.dmv.pa.gov/VEHICLE-SERVICES/Registration%20Plates/Pages/Personalized%20Availability.aspx
- All applications will be held and sent together at the end of each month.
- Checks will also be held and processed with the complete batch of applications at the end of each month.
(Please add $2.00 for any additional registration cards requested.)
License plate numbers will be handled as follows:
Mario Lemieux Foundation specialty plates are issued in numbered sequence unless requesting personalization in Section D of application. Plates 00001LF – approximately 01850LF have been filled. Optional Personalization Request – as noted above, you can request a specific number. Please follow the instructions on the application to request a specific number. The total cost for a personalization request is $178.00.
The $66.00 license plate fee is broken down as follows: $28.00 goes to PennDot for plate production fees while the remaining $38.00 will directly benefit the cancer research and patient care initiatives of the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Only one check, in the amount of $66.00 (plus any personalization or additional registration card requests) to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, should be written.
If your plate is peeling and/or is not legible, you may be eligible to have it replaced at no charge. Please read the below and follow the instructions to get your plate replaced.:
A registration plate is deemed illegible when one or more numbers or letters cannot be recognized from 50 feet or if the registration plate shows any blistering, peeling, discoloration or loss of reflectivity over the course of time rather than through a specific incident that damaged the registration plate.
You may request that your current configuration be used on your replacement plate even if your current plate is not personalized, or you may replace your current configuration with the next configuration in the series.
Complete, print and sign this application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the pictures of the registration plate and registration card.